Monday, April 12, 2010

Not gonna go on and on...

I'm not going to go on and on about this topic.  So, I'll keep it brief.  The other day I came across an article about Third-Hand Smoke in the latest American Baby magazine.  I'd always wondered if there was such a thing as third-hand smoke - you know, the toxins left on objects and the atmosphere after someone smokes - particularly on their clothes, hair, or in their home.  I mean, you can smell a smoker a mile away - well, you know what I mean - so wouldn't this mean there could be cigarette toxin remains on the person?  The article suggested having smokers change their clothes after smoking if they're going to hold a baby.  This article got me interested and I went on to research the topic a little more. 

I came across an article from the Scientific American.  It did a good job of summing up the facts and making sense of it all.  I found it extremely informative and urge you to read it.  You'll likely be surprised with the findings. 

"...the cocktail of toxins that linger in carpets, sofas, clothes and other materials hours or even days after a cigarette is put out—is a health hazard for infants and children."

No comments: