Tuesday, March 2, 2010

It's like I have nothing to blog about... but I do

I've not been very bloggy lately.  Been in a little bit of a funk.  Between being a sick & pregnant and missing my brother in law, I just haven't been able to muster up anything to blog about.  Here are a few things: 

  • We are 15 weeks pregnant!  I think I'm starting to feel a little better.  I had what felt like a really bad hangover for over 13 weeks!  Ugh. 
  • Me pregnant = me fainting.  I've only fainted once.  Thank goodness!  But, I get dizzy at the drop of a dime. 
  • Chris is like Super Husband right now!  He's been taking really good care of me.  :-)
  • I pre-registered Calvin for Kindergarten.  Still undecided if he'll go 1/2 or full day next year.  He'll be a two year Kindergartener. 
  • This is my last full week in AOP and PD!!!  I'm so excited!  There's a crap ton of stuff due this week, but I'll get through it!  Looking forward to being done! 
  • I had a mock interview for PD class last week.  The interview went sooo well that she offered me the Summer Internship!  I had to pass it up because of the baby's arrival in August.  But still... I am hugely flattered!  :-) 
  • Our washing machine crapped out on us Saturday.  Now we have one of those fancy front loaders.  It holds a ton more than our old washer!  I think I could fit all of our bedding (minus comforter) in one load! 
  • Peanut loves McDonald's!!!  OMGosh the baby loves McD's!  On the way to school I get 2 hashbrowns and a sweet tea.  For the drive home I get a fish fillet (minus the tarter)!  Mmmmm!  Delicious! 
  • I could go on and on about how much we're missing Tommy.  Really.  Sunday was one month.  The month flew by but it's like the hours went by so slowly.  It was the longest and shortest month ever.  My inlaws are in Mexico on vacation (planned before the incident).  I'm happy they were able to get away.  They needed it.  Maybe after graduation we can get away for a few days.  It's tough watching Chris miss his brother so much.  We've had so many, "Just call Tommy to help..."  moments.  You don't realize how much you rely on someone else until they're gone. 
  • I saw my Dad.  I was driving back from Effingham (McDonald's) Friday morning after I dropped Calvin off for school.  I was at the stoplight before Goeckner Bros and there was my Dad, driving a semi.  I bawled all the way home.  Maybe because I was sad, but maybe because I was so happy to see him... with his grumpy face.  :-)  That night I saw him again.  Same intersection, he was turning to go home (or back towards the direction he came from that morning).  I'm looking forward to seeing him again soon. 

5 comments:

Sarah B. said...

Did I ever congratulate you...I don't know that I did and it doesn't hurt to have two Congratulations, so Congratulations!!!! I am sooo like you...so much to blog about and so little energy to do it...lol.

Christina said...

Thanks, Sarah!
Your due date is quickly approaching!!!

Steph said...

Good to hear that things have been going well for you! And what a shocker that Peanut likes McD's.

Dawn said...

So cute about McD's. And I can't even imagine how hard losing Tommy has been. Need to see baby belly here...

Bridget said...

Who doesn't love McD's right??
Hope you keep feeling better also, cant wait to talk to you again soon.