Monday, February 8, 2010

On The 3rd Day of My Birthday Week...

Welcome to Day 3 of my Birthday Week. 

It officially started Saturday, February 6th when Chris whisked me away to Terre Haute for lunch at Olive Garden and some browsing at some stores followed by dinner with my inlaws that even included the Happy Birthday tune! 
 
Inspite of everything going on, Chris took the time to give me a great birthday.  :-)  My actual birthday was yesterday, February 7th.  We went to church with family, lunch with my grandparents, shopping, and dinner at Lone Star!  It was a pretty terrific birthday - especially considering the circumstances. 


Calvin singing Happy Birthday to me. 
I can't figure out how to flip the video to portrait - sorry. 

Onto the gifts... 

FIRST:  I guess I better announce to the Blogger World that we are expecting baby Peanut!!!  We are 12 weeks pregnant and everything is going very well.  Peanut is scheduled to arrive August 21st. 

Since we're so excited about the baby, I insisted that my gifts be for Peanut.  Chris got me the deluxe, mega, luxury baby swing.  It's so awesome - seriously, if they made them big enough for me we'd probably replace the Natuzzi sofas with these swings!!!  ;-)  Calvin got Peanut a cute toy, too.  I love my gifts! 



Our anniversary was last week and we'd promised nursery furniture to each other as a gift.  So, on my birthday we headed to Terre Haute to Babies R Us to order the bed that I just had to have (seen the day before and couldn't find it anywhere else).  After the drive home and a few minutes of rest, Chris and Calvin took me to Lone Star for dinner - then DQ ice cream cake! 



I have to give Chris mega kudos for making my birthday so special.  He's an amazing husband that truly gets the whole Birthday Week experience.  Thank-you.  :-) 

4 comments:

Bobbi said...

I'm so hsppy for you. A new baby. How exciting. I think b-day week is a great idea. love you, bunches

Steph said...

Congrats! We are both very happy for you guys. Please let me know if there is anything we can do for you. And Happy Birthday Week!

mylifeastina said...

Happy Birthday and Congrats on the new baby arriving fall 2010!!

Bridget said...

Calvin is to cute!! Him singing to you is precious!