Sunday, February 21, 2010

Hello 2nd Trimester!

Week 14 Day 2: 
We're in our 2nd trimester! 

This is exciting and a huge milestone.  Our chances of miscarrying is significantly lower, now.  That puts a big smile on my face.  :-) 

In other news, I'm starting to get my appetite back.  After nearly 14 weeks of eating next to nothing thanks to morning sickness that lasted 24/7, I can finally eat!  The doctor prescribed anti-nausea meds at 8 weeks and they helped me from throwing up all the time, but I still couldn't eat much.  I'd be like totally starving and then be able to only put down 5 or 6 bites of food.  But, it's getting better!  I'm a lot hungrier these days.  :-)  Still not able to eat a lot in most sittings, but I'm able to eat several times throughout the day. 

For the record, I'm still negative 4lbs from pre-prego.  I'm sure I'll start gaining weight soon! 

Calvin's really excited about the baby.  He prays for Peanut a lot.  It's pretty cute.  We're taking him with us to the doctor on Wednesday so he can hear the heartbeat.  He's really looking forward to it. 

4 comments:

Dawn said...

That's awesome! So happy for you guys.

C said...

Woo-hooooooo! Yay!
Congrats and good for you.
The second trimester should be easier, and then by the third you'll really be able to eat again. I didn't gain anything until halfway, either, and I still managed to gain plenty by the end. :)

Steph said...

That's great! Hopefully you will start gaining tons of weight soon. ;)

Lindsay said...

awww. i am so happy for you guys. im sure calvin will be a big help.