Sunday, January 3, 2010

Thoughts for 2010

It's 2010.  It's still weird to me.  The last 10 years have been an amazing adventure.  And I look forward to even bigger adventures in the next decade.  The best part is that I have Chris to share all of my new endeavors with. 

There's so much I want to do in the next 10 years, including: 
  • Complete our family. 
  • Travel to D.C., NYC, and take a Disney Cruise. 
  • Pay off most of our mortgage. 
  • Make a hefty contribution to our retirement fund. 
Over the past couple weeks I've really thought about how I want to change.  I feel a new decade is a good time to make some changes.  I want to renew my faith in God.  Sometimes life distracts me, and that's no excuse at all.  A little more time praying, being thankful, and helping others will help. 

Also, I want to stop being such a control freak.  If only I could change everyone to be exactly what I think they should be... but, I can't.  And it's their lives.  I have to back off and let people just live their lives.  In some cases, this means letting go and moving on. 

Patience.  I have none.  Really.  And it's time I work on it.  A whole lot of prayer and self help books should help.  Chris and Calvin deserve a more patient me.  It's going to take some time, but I am confident I can become more patient. 

Finally, I want to focus on me and my family.  I spend entirely too much time solving everyone else's problems.  It's tiring and stressful.  And I'm tired of it.  I'm here as a friend to many - and that will never change.  But, I am not a therapist.  If you need one, I'm happy to refer you to mine.  ;-)  We are a regular family with our own issues.  And it's time I put more focus at home instead of getting wrapped up in everyone else's drama. 

Overall, I'm looking forward to making changes for the better.  I'm eager to become the New Christina. 

4 comments:

Steph said...

Best wishes for the new decade!

Lindsay said...

great resolutions!

NYC if beautiful.If you do decide to travel to NYC look into the City Pass. It saved us $100 and we only got to 3 of the places on there! It was a great deal. As always go to Chinatown. They have great deals, and dont forget Ground Zero!

Happy New Year!

Mommynightowl said...

I love the list for the next decade. I'd love to go on a disney cruise too!

And I'm also trying to renew my faith. I even got some books to help me study the bible, I just have yet to break the spines.

Here's to your resolutions, I wish you the best of luck! :)

Dawn said...

The new year is already starting out as a great year. But I miss you.