Monday, December 28, 2009

We Wish You A Merry Christmas And A Happy New Year!

Christmas 2009 has come and gone.  I'm a little sad it's over already.  At the same time, it's nice to slow things down.  Our Christmas was nothing short of wonderful.  With Christmas being on a Friday, the gatherings were spread out over 4 days -- giving us ample time at each place to visit with family.  Family is by far the best part of Christmas.  It was nice to catch up with everyone. 

I have so much to share of our Christmas
so I'll sum it up in a list.
 


  • The food - oh the food!  Each gathering had decadent food spreads.  Made me feel so blessed as I remembered those less fortunate that didn't have a warm meal this holiday season. 
  • Grandma and Grandpa joined us for Christmas Eve mass at Bishop. 
    • It's my favorite mass of the year, but always brings tears to my eyes as I remember my friend Holly.  She is still very missed by friends and family. 
  • Everyone over did it on the gifts. 
    • I'm not sure what Calvin didn't get! 
    • He's super excited about everything.  Like he'll get all excited about Rocky the Robot Truck... then minutes later he'll see his train set and get excited about it, too! 
  • Mom got us a Wii.  Thank-you.  We love it! 
    • Chris got me the Wii Fit Plus.  Love it! 
      • I video taped Chris doing the hula hoop!!! 
    • Tom and Sue loaded us up with lots of Wii games! 
    • Santa brought Cabela's Big Game Hunger 2010 - complete with the gun. 
      • I think my brother Levi likes this best! 
    • We've bowled, played baseball, and so much more. 
    • We're a family of Mii's.  :-) 
      • An old family at that! 
      • The Wii Fit gave both Chris and I the Wii age of 40! 
      • Calvin's 23! 
        • I thought we were all in decent shape!  
  • Chris and Calvin surprised me with an iPod! 
    • Chris always gets me great gifts! 
    • I always think my gifts to him are lame, but he's a guy and likes things like a 4 ton floor jack for Christmas! 
  • Chris helped me make homemade cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning. 
    • They didn't turn out quite as fluffy as Mom's... but, we'll do better next year! 
  • Today is December 28th.  Calvin and I are enjoying a restful day at home.  Later, I'll bundle him up to play in the snow. 
I hope each of you had a Very Merry Christmas!  Wishing you good blessings in 2010!  As Calvin has already told me, "Santa is already watching for next year!  So, you better be good!" 

2 comments:

Bridget said...

Im always sad when Christmas is over too:(

Mommynightowl said...

Happy belated Christmas, sorry haven't been around. But I'm back :)

And I'm totally jealous of your wii.