Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Proudly Serving American Legion Post 924

Today, I am not reporting as the SrA I once was in the USAF.  Today, I am writing as a proud member of American Legion Post 924.  Today, I'm reminded especially of our fallen comrades of whom I will be eternally grateful for.  My heart aches for their families.  Today, I am reminded of the war stories I've heard from Grandfathers.  I've said extra prayers for the men and women serving our country today, especially Amy, Caine, Bobbi, Patricia, Matt, Scott, and Michelle.  I sleep well at night, knowing they are protecting me.  And, today I am flooded with memories of my four years of active duty in the United States Air Force.  The friendships I made abroad will last a lifetime. 





Along with our church, the American Legion Post 924 held a Veteran's Day ceremony at the cemetary on Sunday.  It was touching, to say the least, to stand next to men who fought the wars over the years. 

I think Keke said it well today:  A veteran - whether active duty, retired, National Guard or Reserve - is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to the United States of America for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

4 comments:

Aubrey said...

THANK YOU CHRISTINA!!

Steph said...

Thank you for serving.

Dawn said...

Loved the quote. It gave me chills. And the picture is awesome. Thanks. Always.

Ashley said...

You are so awesome!