Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Giving Thanks

I have so much to be thankful for.  Life happens, time flies, and often I take my life for granted.  But today and for the rest of the holiday season, I'm going to take time out of my schedule to focus on the things I'm most thankful for:  Chris, Calvin, and the rest of our family. 

Chris is amazing.  Period. 

Calvin... you all know how remarkable he is.  Just Calvin, because that sums it up. 

Our family.  We have a great big family.  We have the luxury of making memories with them on a regular basis.  They are supportive and loving.  They're our family. 

Today, I'm extra thankful for Grandma Betty.  She's my rock.  She always has been.  I'm a little spoiled by her and I'll never deny it.  Her and Grandpa have never once let me down.  Today I realized that I have no clue how to turn my torn up bread into dressing.  But Grandma does, and hers is the best.  1 quick phone call later, and she happily agreed to make it for me.  I love her for that... and for so many other reasons. 

I wish you all a very happy Thanksgiving!  :) 

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

very well put!

happy thanksgiving!

sending an extra prayer out for your friend Dawn!

Dawn said...

Well said. Special people deserve other special people.

Steph said...

Sweet list! Have a great Thanksgiving!