Sunday, November 1, 2009

Church seats and praying...

This morning in church, I didn't see any side pews empty for the 3 of us to sit together.  We split up, but it got me thinking...  when there's 1 person in a pew, why does the next single person take another pew?  Why not just sit together so families can stay together? 

Praying...  This may sound silly, but sometimes I feel guilty for asking for something in prayer.  If I'm praying to a specific saint or Jesus, I try to thank the saint or Jesus for what he has done for me - before I list all of the things I need or want - even for someone to get well.  I try to make an effort to be thankful for more things than I ask for, but still I feel guilty.  Am I weird? 

3 comments:

Bridget said...

I dont think you are weird at all, I think it means you realize your blessings and thats why you first and foremost give thanks for them.

Student said...

Nope - not weird at all. I do the same thing. And if I pray really hard for something and it works out, I try really hard to remember to say thank you. Like last week when it was pouring rain and I was almost out of gas and the girls were with me. When I made it to the gas station, I thanked God for getting me there.

I think it's great - shows you appreciate what has been done for you.

Dawn said...

Not weird, I do the same. And it bothers me too when one person takes up a whole pew for themself.