Thursday, September 3, 2009

Weekly Writing Assignment From Mama Kat


This week, I'm choosing prompt #5:  Share your friendly advice for someone you think needs it (ie your mother-in-law, other drivers, cell phone users, etc.) (inspired by Jill from Scary Mommy)

My friendly advice is for my mother. 

Mom, your job sucks.  The people stress you out to the max.  You had a recent trip to the E.R. after the stress got so bad you got hives - and that was like the 30th time you'd gotten hives at work!  It's just not worth it.  The people aren't worth you getting upset about.  They clearly don't give a crap about you.  I dearly admire you're "I give a shit" quality.  You are so passionate about everything you do and you take things to heart.  These are commendable qualities... but they're taking a physical toll on you. 
The whole family has listened to countless hours of the disappointments you've faced at work.  We truly care about you.  However, nothing is changing.  We can't fix it and we don't know what to do for you.  So, either bear your cross silently - or - Quit your job.  Get motivated to prepare for the next great adventure in your life. 

OLIVE JUICE*




4 comments:

Laura said...

Great letter! Thanks for checking out my blog. I got my template at http://www.bloggerstyles.com/ for free! Hope that helps!

Unknown Mami said...

I hope she follows your advice. It's really not worth the aggravation.

mylifeinpurple said...

lovely :)

thanks for stopping by my blog!

Jessica said...

Oh my goodness! I don't think I could be that committed to a job that makes me feel that way! Best of luck to your mom!