Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Today's Creative Recipe


For my Today's Creative Blog post, I'm sharing my loaded baked potato soup recipe. For this recipe, I combined a few different recipies to come up with something that makes my mouth water! ENJOY!

INGREDIENTS:

  • 5 cans diced potatoes
  • 2 cans chicken broth

  • 2 cups water

  • 1 tsp salt

  • 3 cups milk

  • 4 tablespoons melted butter or margarine

  • 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour

  • 2-5 tsp steak seasoning - I use Weber's Chicago Steak Seasoning

  • 4 cups shredded cheese of choice - I use cheddar cheese

  • 3oz Oscar Mayer bacon bits or any fried bacon
DIRECTIONS:

  1. In a large pot over medium heat, combine potatoes, chicken broth, water, and salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer until potatoes are tender, apx 30 minutes.

  2. Once tender, stir in milk. Continue to cook for 5 minutes.

  3. In a small bowl, combine melted butter, flour, and steak seasoning.

  4. Stir into soup. Increase heat to medium-high and cook until thick and bubbly (apx. 25 minutes). Stir often. Soup may not get really thick, and that's okay. It will thicken when you add the cheese in next step.

  5. Remove from heat and stir in cheese and 3/4 of bacon.

  6. Garnish bowls of yummy soup with sour cream, leftover shredded cheese, and remainder of bacon.
Other ingredients you could add: Celery, carrots, green onions, chives

2 comments:

Dawn said...

That's freaking hilarious considering Weldon just told me I needed to get the recipe from you. So to all the other readers, the soup is AWESOME!
Thanks Christina!

Steph said...

I love potato soup. I make mine just a little different though.

Is my blog showing up on your dashboard?