Friday, September 18, 2009

I cried as they turned off The Light...

Today was the end of CBS's daytime drama, Guiding Light.  I have been a faithful follower of the Lewis, Cooper, and Spaulding family dramas all of my life.  I grew up with a mom and step-mother that both watched and naturally as I grew, I kept up with the Guiding Light. 

I was saddened when they announced the end was near.  We all wondered how it would end - a cliff hanger?  They bowed out gracefully with a week full of episodes packed full of heartfelt and tearful good-byes.  And the very last scene completed Josh & Reva's love story. 

After 72 years on the air, I wonder how daytime t.v. will never be the same. 

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Wow, I'm impressed you actually cried! I'm sure you find reruns on hulu or somewhere else on the internet...

Bridget said...

OMG! I cant believe I missed the final episode! How did they end the Josh and Reva story?