Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Calvin's Birthday Cake Request

Calvin asked for a deer on his birthday cake.  I insisted that he'd rather have something else on it... a deer?!?  Finally, I got it through my thick head that this is his birthday cake, not mine.  He is a little hunter that shoots anything real or imaginary in our backyard - or Africa - or when he's in the Army.  He and his friends have quite the imaginations.  :-)  So, the deer fits Calvin and it's sure to be a hit w/ his besties. 

I just got off the phone with Mary Niccum.  She chuckled a little at the deer request, but gladly agreed to do it.  I just hope she gives the deer a big rack! 

4 comments:

Kocher Family said...

She makes AWESOME cakes. I'm sure it'll be perfect for him!

Mrs R said...

That's a cute request.

My friend Holli makes cakes too and they are awesome and cheap and taste fantastic.

Dawn said...

That's freaking adorable and so Calvin. Can't wait to see it!

Dawn said...

The tots and I will be at your place for both events on Saturday. Can't wait to see the cake! (Big) Weldon won't be there, he's got Jon's bachelor party to go to.