Thursday, August 13, 2009

Calvin's Big Huntin' 4th Birthday :)

Today, my precious baby boy turned 4.  I don't think I'm supposed to call him a baby anymore, although to me, he always will be.  :)  I'm full of emotions happy, sad, and everything inbetween today.  I wish I could put it all into words, but just can't. 
 
It's safe to say that Calvin had a TERRIFIC 4th birthday!  :)  It started at midnight.  Yup, we stayed up just to start the celebration early.  At exactly 12:00 a.m. I sang Happy Birthday to him.  Then, I told him he was getting to be an old man and had gray hair!  He thought I was serious and darted off to the bathroom to inspect.  He returned, telling me that he did not have gray hair, but he was much bigger now and that he could do much bigger things now that he is 4.  :)  Seconds before he fell asleep, he told me he was going to wake-up happy because it was his birthday.  I knew then that we would have a fantastic day. 


Calvin woke-up to find a heaping pile of presents.  He was thankful for everything he got, but mostly excited about his new bow and arrow!  Then, just when he thought there were no more gifts we surprised him with one more...


An 8 point white tail buck!!! 

He was soooo excited to have a deer to shoot! 


After shooting the deer at least 2 dozen times, we headed to the Kountry Kitchen to have breakfast with some friends and family, including one of Calvin's besties, Kole, Mimi, Grandma and Grandpa G, Amber, and Chad & Lori.  His pancake even came with a candle!  We sang happy birthday to him.  He love all the attention!  :) 


After hours of hunting with Kole, a long nap, and ice cream at Homewood Grill with Kole, it was time for Calvin's birthday dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings - his choice.  The waitress was awesome and even made a special birthday announcement for Calvin.  He got birthday ice cream, too!  Yum! 

What better way for an outdoorsy 4 year old to end his birthday than...


A campout with his super cool dad and Kole!!! 

Yes, right now as I type this, Chris is probably trying to get the boys to calm down and get some sleep.  They're camping outside in Tommy's tent.  Calvin and Kole were sooo excited about the campout! 

Calvin, I hope you had a terrific 4th birthday.  You have given me four wonderful years full of memories that I will cherish the rest of my life.  You are one of a kind and I know that with your attitude and big heart, you will do great things with your life.  I look forward to the years ahead.  As you grow older, and leave for preschool in a couple weeks, don't forget about your mom.  I'll always be your friend, your cheerleader, and your rock.  Thank-you for being the little boy that I can always count on for a smile, that shows how to live by example, and the little boy that makes me very proud to call you my son.

Love,
Mom

9 comments:

Dawn said...

OH! That's all so sweet. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CALVIN! Can't wait to celebrate with him tomorrow!

Aubrey said...

I have to know Christina...where did you find such a cute little target deer?

Bridget said...

I'm glad Calvin had such a great birthday. Sorry I didn't make it to celebrate last night.

Lindsay said...

sounds like a great time. he is getting so big.

Christina said...

Aubrey, I found the deer at Cabelas.com - then, I found it at Bass Pro and even on Wal-Mart's website. :)

Aubrey said...

Wow....Wally World? I'm shocked! I might have to give Santa that hint! :) Thanks!

Mommynightowl said...

aww, it looks like it was a GREAT day.

Happy Belated Birthday Calvin!

Mommynightowl said...

that is the cutest little deer btw

Mommynightowl said...

did you take a picture of the deer cake?