Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Random


Mom and Clay's wedding on Saturday was beautiful. She was stunning. The ring is a freaking rock! And I've never seen my mom happier. More to come on that after I get the pix.


Before the wedding, we stopped by the Montrose Tractor Pull for about an hour. We missed seeing the fam pull - but Tiffany beat Levi in one class!!! Girls on tractors rock!


Ran into Tricia at the Tractor Pull. Here is our pic...


I wanna know why I can wear a dress, hair done, make-up flawless, and Kenneth Cole heels (not pictured) to die for... and she still looks hotter!?! She's gorgeous - and single-ish... What's up w/ that?!?

Yesterday I headed to Champaign for some retail therapy. No luck. Yes, I bought stuff - but didn't feel better afterwards. It's like I couldn't find things I wanted to buy. Oh well... better for the bank account this way! ;-)

Picked up lunch at McDonald's on my way to Champaign. Did you know they got new burgers??? They're Angus Burgers - look comprable to the Hardee's Thick Burgers. Looked yummy. I had a fish fillet. Any idea why they only put 1/2 of a piece of cheese on the fish fillet?

Summer semester is almost over - then 2 or 3 weeks on break before Fall semester. My summer classes are killing me! They are tough - and ASA takes like 10 hours a week! Crazy! I'm ready for the break. Works out great that right as my break starts, we're heading to Branson for the big family vacation. :-) Looking forward to some time by the pool. Note to Chris: don't forget to pack the daiquiri maker. ;-)

It's been 6 days since you know what... it's hard to explain exactly how I'm feeling. If you've ever lost someone very close to you, maybe this analogy will make sense. When Dad died, I focused on getting through the first few days - through the visitation and the funeral. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I thought that after the funeral everything would be fine - that Dad would be back. But, of course I was wrong. I feel a bit like that now. Last week was systematic - do this, this, and that. Now, 6 days later I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I know it will get easier and I'm trying to take it one day at a time. I truly appreciate everyone's thoughts, prayers, and cards. We have a wonderful support system. Thank-you.

Now, back to folding the mound of clean clothes on the couch... I hate folding clothes!!! I hope everyone is having a good week!!!

3 comments:

Mrs R said...

Glad to hear you are doing well and yes it rocks that summer classes are almost over.

I gave Matt a hug for you and he is looking forward to seeing you as well.

Can't wait to do lunch. :)

Wendy said...

That dress is adorable and you make it perfect!

Mommynightowl said...

you both look cute, not one hotter than the other. You just both look cute in your own different styles.

how are you feeling now school is over, or is it not yet?