Friday, June 12, 2009

Prayers Needed

Dawn is asking for prayers for her mother.  Words cannot express how wonderful Marilyn is.  She has blessed my life and many others.  I consider myself incredibly lucky to have her in my life. 

She needs our prayers now more than ever.  Please pray for Marilyn - for a cure for her cancer - for no pain - and for God to give her a sense of peacefullness when the time comes.  Also pray for Marilyn's family - especially her two children - one of which is my best friend, Dawn.  These two consider themselves very blessed to have such a tremendous mother. 

Even if you're not the religious or praying type, please, please, please say a prayer for them today.  Help me gather as many prayers as possible.  Post a prayers needed post on your blog, please.  Thank-you from the bottom of my heart,
Christina

This is taken from a post on the Stronger Than Cancer blog that Dawn posted today: 
We are headed to St. Louis. Mom has Superior Vena Cava Syndrome, essentially the tumor is pinching the vena cava shut and blocking circulation which is causing the swelling. Chemo and radiation are no longer options. There is a doctor at Barnes-Jewish that is willing to attempt to put a stent in the vena cava to open it up. Dr. Dy said this is an emergency situation. PRAYERS PLEASE!

3 comments:

Sarah B. said...

I am doing the Relay For Life this weekend...I will buy a luminary in honor of Marilyn's strength thus far and will keep them in my prayers.

Dawn said...

Thank you. Much love.

Lindsay said...

Praying for Dawn and her family..hope all goes well...someday God will find a cure for cancer and save all the ones dear to us.

Praying for you Christina that God will pull you through the tough week ahead. May God bless you and your family.