Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Thankful For

At meal times we pray.  Followed by the standard prayer, we each say something or someone we'd like to pray for and then around the table again to say what we are thankful for. 

The other night at dinner Calvin said, "I'm thankful God let Grandpa Joe go to Heaven." 

What an interesting thing for a 3 year old to be thankful for... even more interesting because Calvin never met my Great-Grandpa Joe.  He died many years before Calvin was born. 

Calvin talks about Grandpa Joe all of the time and the things they do.  I assume in his dreams and I never ask too many questions because I don't want Calvin to ever doubt that he knows Grandpa Joe. 

Grandpa Joe was a special man.  He was full of life, love, laughter, and popsicles.  :-)  He left a lasting impression on my life as well as many others.  And I am sooo thankful that Grandpa Joe has found a way to touch Calvin's life, too. 

2 comments:

Shauna said...

That is neat - it is amazing what kids pick up!

Dawn said...

That's priceless.