Wednesday, March 4, 2009

"You look like a mom"

Monday night Calvin and I were snuggling on the couch. He was being extra sweet. Rubbed my back, brushed my hair, and gave me lots of hugs and kisses. At one point he gently grabbed my face with his two tiny hands and said, "You look like a mom."

I smiled. He must have meant that as a compliment. So, I asked, "Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" As he softly ran his little fingers through my hair, he explained that it was good, that I was pretty, and that I look just like a mom. He compared me to other moms he knows, and said that they don't look like moms because they have 'snake hair' (I'm guessing a ponytail). He said I am the only one that looks like a mom... just me. I guess I am the only mom for Calvin. :-)

2 comments:

runningleap said...

How sweet.

I remember thinking that my mom was the most beautiful woman in the world when I was little. I would watch her put on makeup and wish that I would be so pretty one day. Kids only have eyes for Mama!

Dawn said...

Oh so sweet!