Sunday, March 29, 2009

Ramblings From An HGTV Goddess Wannabe

I am a self proclaimed HGTV junkie. I love everything HGTV! Apparently my obsession w/ HGTV led to a belief that I actually knew how to remodel/decorate/paint/etc like the stars. I'm no Vern Yip or Genevieve! Seriously, what was I thinking?!? I am here today to tell YOU that just because those HGTV shows make a project seem simple, it is not! ;-)

I am no good at painting. I had no idea. I'd never painted a room before... much less a whole house! Yes, we painted our entire house. There is no room unpainted. It has been just over a week and already every room is painted, and now we're finishing up the trim. Ok, not "we" - "they". Today, I am at the old house doing hours of homework and taking a minute to document life for me right now. It's all so random, so bear with me.

  • Menards... ugh... NOT happy with them right now. I spent 2 hours there and got little to no help. It was ridiculous. And they wanted an arm and a leg for hinges! Crazies!!! We are now doing our business through Effingham Builder's Supply. They have been FABULOUS so far!
  • Today is my baby sister's sweet 16. :-) She'll get her license on Tuesday. Warning to all: Stay off the sidewalks! j/k! ;-)
  • Don't skip 2 out of 3 Speech classes in one week. It's not worth it. I went on Friday to find out that on Wednesday they passed around a sign-up sheet for next week's speeches. By Friday the only spots left were for tomorrow. Kharma.
  • If you push my buttons long enough, I will go crazy on you and it will be ugly. I think someone learnt that lesson the hard way today. Seriously people, I'm a little crazy! Don't mess with us crazies, you never know what we'll do next!
  • I'm tired of fast food.
  • Family and friends ROCK! We've had sooooo much help! Thank-YOU!
  • I'm totally overwhelmed with house projects, school, and parenting. There aren't enough hours in the day to get it all done. The bad part is that Calvin hasn't been getting nearly enough quality time with us. Can't wait to get moved in so we can spend time with him.
  • I have a couple special intentions that need prayers. I'm not going into details because of privacy issues. If you could add them to your prayer list, it would be greatly appreciated.
  • Buying a house without your Dad's help/input is weird. It just doesn't seem right. This past week I've broken down so many times. It's been on an emotional rollercoaster.
  • Wednesday is Moving Day! :-)
    • We will still have some paint touch-ups and closet doors to paint when we get moved in... but that will be okay.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Painting blows. With friends it's better.
Speech class sucks worse.
And your house is fab.