Monday, March 23, 2009

Home Ownership

Friday morning by 9:00 a.m. Chris and I signed our lives away for 30 years...  yes... we're Home Owners!  We quickly raced to our new house... our house... not anyone else's.  I got emotional as I walked through the house.  Then, there it was... a bottle of wine and a touching note from the previous home owners (Chris's cousin and her husband) on the fireplace mantle.  I bawled as I read the note.  They are sooo thoughtful.  It made it all real.  We own a house... we're growing up... we're adults, now.  :-) 

The weekend is somewhat of a blur.  Here's a quick recap. 
  • Paint's not near free! 
  • Colored primer is pretty cool. 
  • Popcorn ceilling really sucks! 
  • Friends and family rock! 
    • HUGE thank-you to sooo many people for their help! 
  • 1978 wallpaper... shiny. 
  • Our garage bar is already a hit. 
  • A space ship can be primed over. 
  • Whoppers... yummmm! 
  • How many beers does it take to paint a house?  ;-) 
Overall, our house is becoming our own.  Can't wait to show pix when we're finished!!!  :-) 

6 comments:

runningleap said...

SO exciting, Tink. Can't wait to see pic. CONGRATS!!!

Bridget said...

I am so happy for you guys! Owning your OWN house is such a mix of emotions!!!! There are still days when I think do I live here? Is this really ours? (well ours and the banks...lol) Cant wait to see pics!

Tracie said...

Congrats on your new house!!!

How exciting for you guys!

Wendy said...

I wish I could be a bigger help right now but Matt's got me a many limitations for the next few weeks ;-) I can't wait to see how much it's change already. I'm so very excited to just have you down the road from us for at least 10 years anyway....hahaha.

If you would need me to take care of Calvin for you guys anytime, just let me know. I would be more than happy to pick him up after work and keep him till you guys were finished. I'm sure he gets a little bored sometimes w/ none of his toys there yet. Hopefully the neighbor kids keep him on the move though :-)

Dawn said...

Yeah, your ceilings suck. Whoppers rock. And I still can NOT get over that wallpaper.

Mommynightowl said...

how many beers cracked me up.

popcorn ceiling do really suck. in our apartment for some reason only took off the popcorn ceiling in the living room area and not the bedrooms. wierd huh?