Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Honest Scrap

One of my FAVORITE blogs to read is Mommy Nightowl.  She's real.  She's interesting.  She's so funny.  I just love reading her blog.  We have become bloggy buddies.  :-)  If she were here in small town, Illinois, I'm sure we'd meet up for hot chocolates with Dawn

She passed along a pretty cool Blog Award:  Honest Scrap. 

I'm totally excited to receive this award!  YAY!  Bloggy awards rock!  Especially when they're from a blogger you totally admire! 

The rules for this award are:


1. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.

2. Show the 7 winners' names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing then that they were prized with "Honest Scrap", the nifty icon they can display proudly on their blog.

3. List at least 10 honest things about yourself.

Sending out the Honest Scrap award to: 
1.  Dawn at Must Love Tots.  Not only is she my best friend, but her blog is really funny!  She doesn't sugar coat it... if it's poop... it's poop...  I love it!  :-)  She blogs through the good and the bad. 
2.  Bridget at Always An Adventure.   Bridget and I have been friends for like ever.  We get each other.  I love her.  I love what she does to my hair!  And now, I love reading her blog! 

3.  Wendy at Every Mountain You Climb Are Memories You Treasure.  She is my S-I-L.  She is one of my closest friends.  I love this girl!  I have no idea what I'd do without her!  She is real - and her posts come from the heart. 

4.  Patricia at Ground Control To Major Mom.  I've enjoyed her blog since we found each other during a Grey's Anatomy gay soldier post... anyway, now SHE is deployed.  Her blog is live from the sand box!  Doesn't get much realer that that! 

5.  Carolyn at Leap And The Net Will Appear.  Carolyn and I met when I was stationed in England.  She is awesome.  She introduced me to Burberry - and for that I will always be thankful to her for!  She is blogging through a major life transition into single parenthood.  It is real and I am proud of her. 

6.  Sarah at Sarah B And Family.  I really love this girl!  I read her blog almost daily!  She just did a 26.2 mile marathon in 4:14:04!!!!  Crazyiness!!! 

7.  Kim at Jogging In Circles.  Her blog is awesome!  Not sure how we found each other - but we did.  And I've been glued to her blog ever since then!  I love her posts about NYC.  Seems like a whole different world.  Now, she has her own photography studio!!!  YAY! 

TEN HONEST THINGS ABOUT ME
1.  I am madly in love with my husband.  I know how generic that sounds.  But, it is sooo true. 

2.  I don't know if this is OCD or what... but if I touch something with my right hand, I have to even out the sensation by touching something with my left hand.  This isn't all of the time.  It's weird.  I know it, but I can't help but do it. 

3.  I don't really like people.  That's honest.  I'd much rather talk via internet or text than actually see people.  I get majorly overwhelmed by seeing people somedays.  It's weird. 

4.  Shopping is my favorite sport.  I love to shop.  I always have.  Now, I shop mostly for Calvin.  When most people talk about "retail therapy" it's about buying themselves something.  Not me!  My Retail Therapy is shopping for Calvin.  I'm addicted to the 3 for $18 shirts at Children's Place! 

5.  I started my own web/graphic/blog design business.  Sugar Sweet Designs.  I haven't gone public about it yet.  I don't really know why.  Well for starters I am still finishing up the website.  I haven't set up a separate bank account for it so there's no Paypal, yet.  And mostly because I'm scared shitless!  I am scared of failure.  What if I fail?!? 

6.  My mom and I fight like cats and dogs.  Seriously.  We have actually thrown plates at each other.  And although I may call her mean names under my breath... she is still MY mom... and I love her!  We are more like sisters than anything.  We've always had a different relationship than most of my friends had with their moms.  But, we are who we are... and of course... we are fabulous! 

7.  I am preparing Calvin to be stupid for preschool screening next week.  I am not lying.  It's not easy to get into our town's public Pre-K.  My cousin is the teacher and she said that Calvin definitely has some things going for him to get in like:  his dad and I aren't together, his dad and I are both vets and have been deployed, and Aaron was deployed during Calvin's life.  But, she said to seal the deal with Pre-K, don't give Calvin a nap before the evaluation and urge him to be extra rowdy!  I'll make sure to give him Fun Dip that morning!!! 

8.  I hate white food.  Dawn's husband called me a food racist.  Hello.  My name is Christina and I am a white food racist!  :-)  Milk freaks me out!!!  Just got chills typing it!  I don't drink white milk or eat white foods. 

9.  Last week I bought myself a new Michael Kors handbag for my birthday.  He is lovely.  Yes, it is a he.  I don't know his name yet.  It was love at first site on ebay.  I got this handsome vanilla leather bag for a steal NWT.  :-)  I told my husband the day after the new bag arrived...  he didn't say much since it was my birthday week.  :-) 

10.  I'm addicted to blogging.  I love blogging.  Always new people to meet and learn from.  I learned about Etsy shops from blogging - Etsy is sooo cool!  Anyway, I enjoy venting, rambling, and documenting the little things in life through blog.  Thank you for being apart of this experience. 

Winners, don't forget to pass on the award! 

5 comments:

Kocher Family said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE number 7! I'm going to remember the Fun Dip! I really enjoy your blog.

Cristin said...

I love The Children's Place...

The white food thing is interesting..my favorite foods are white, rice, chicken, milk...

Dawn said...

Awwww....thank you! The Children's Place rocks. I think I got a coupon in the mail. One for me and one for a friend. If I can find it, I'll get it to you.

Bridget said...

You are to kind!!! Thank you for the award, I hope I do everything correctly passing it on! I loved your honest things..first if you go public with your business you will not fail! Do you know you??? Reading about you and your mom throw plates made me laugh just a little but not at you with you.Love ya!

Major Mom said...

Blush! Thanks for another sweet award to further decorate my blog wall! I can only hope to one day have one as incredibly PRETTY as yours!

Since I'm using my phone to type this I'll have to keep it short for now, but again: Thanks! I'll save some Camp Andy sand, dust, chalk, whatever you call it - for you!!!