Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Closing Time Question

Tonight Dawn and I went to Pizza Man. 
Before I gripe, I first have to say, "Yumm-O!" 


Let's go back about a month... One Thursday evening Dawn and I went to Pizza Man at about 8:30 p.m.  We were told that they already closed down the salad bar and quit serving.  Hmm... okay... we left, noticing the open hours on the door read that they were open until 10:00 p.m.  We didn't argue with the people, just left. 


Tonight, Dawn and I went to Pizza Man.  We got there at 7:00.  We did not rush.  We talked about just about everything.  Lots and lots to talk about, that's for sure!  At 8:00 the workers started putting up chairs and sweeping.  We asked if they were closing and if we were supposed to leave.  One of the young guys said we were good for probably another hour.  That would only be 9:00... they don't close til 10:00. 


Just minutes after 9:00 lights started to be turned out.  We were still sitting there.  We decided this was our cue to get the heck out of there. 


As we left we checked the sign again.  They are open until 10:00 p.m.  We were confused and to be quite honest pretty ticked off that we were pushed out of there well before closing time.  If any of my readers work at Effingham's Pizza Man, can you explain this closing time confusion to me?  Free coupons to Pizza Man might also help our perception of the situation and future service we could expect.   

4 comments:

mylifeastina said...

HI Christina,

I called Pizza Man for you because you are not the first person to ask these kind of questions as well as there have been times where there were only three or four other tables in the place being used and they forgot someones pizza! What is happening?

Well I called:
Me:What time do you close?
Her:Between 9-9:30
Me:So your door hours are not correct?
Her:Umm let me ask the manager
Pause
Her:Yes we are open until 10pm
Her: Is there a problem that I can address for you maam?
Me: Well I have been in there twice now and basically was told they were closed or closing.. The first time it was 8:30 and the second 7:00pm
Her: Well that is not good
Her: The manager wants me to give you his phone number in case that happens again - Ron Jr:
Home = 347-5362. Cell = 663-2099.
Me: Thank you. When is the salad bar suppose to be closed down?
Her: Between 8 - 8:30 but not suppose to take down if people are stil using it.
Her: Is there a problem with that as well maam?
Me: Yes
Her: Please call the manager to address those issues.
Me: Thank you. Is there a shift change or employee shift lately because I have been in there twice and there were two other tables occupied and they have forgotten my pizza.
Her: Im sorry about that, we havent had an employee change but that shouldnt be happening either. Please call the manager and address your concerns.
Me: Thank you.

I hope this helps!
I hope Calvin feels better.
Hunter and I saw him SUnday with his dad and grandpa in Niemergs... we said HI but he doenst know us!
Maybe we can get together sometime

Bridget said...

You think they would be grateful for the business...geesh!

Bridget said...

You think they would be grateful for the business...geesh!

Wendy said...

I think I would have spoke up right then and there. Probably a good thing I wasn't with you girls....LOL....you would have probably been embarressed of me.

Hope you can get a free pizza out this whole thing!