Thursday, January 1, 2009

VMDV Snippet: Disney Photopass

VMDV Snippet. 

Disney offers a photo pass. 
It's pretty cool. 
All of the cool places that you want family pix taken, they do it for you w/ their professional cameras. 
Then, they scan your card and post them on a website for you. 
Very handy! 
Because of this, we have some amazing pix of us at Disney. 
Some are priceless. 
We even got to edit the pictures with cool Disney add-ons like character signatures! 
We knew they would come with a steep cost. 
Just didn't know it would be sooo much. 
Like $14.95 for 2 4x6 prints. 
"YIKES" is an understatement. 
Since we loved so many of the pix, we opted to purchase the photo cd with a copyright release to be able to print at our own convenience at a cheaper store. 
The CD isn't cheap. 
Not at all. 
But, I still say it is worth it if you go to Disney with a 3 year old for the 1st time and capture every moment of him and his favorite Disney characters. 
My CD arrives tomorrow. 
I will have lots'o pix to post this weekend!

4 comments:

hncfarley said...

Ok, we are going in a few weeks. It sounds pretty cool. Are you divulging the cost of the cd? Will be anxious to see your pics. Sounds like a great time.
Oh and how I cannot wait to share the task of driving back and forth to the Sunny state of Fl.

clkocher said...

Saw your Disney headline on Sarah's and had to pop over (we are huge Disney freaks). We were at Disney in September (we always drive too;). I debated and debated on whether or not to buy the photopass. We used it a few times while we were there but not a ton because I didn't think I was going to buy it. Well, we get home and there are 2 awesome family pictures on there. Since we didn't use it a ton, at that point I didn't feel it was worth buying the cd so I had to pay out the booty for the prints. Lesson learned...next time I'm buying the photopass cd before we even leave and then going to use photopass a ton!

Oh and Holly- FYI if you buy the cd before you go, you can save like $25. And...I believe they will refund that if you get back and decide you don't want it.

Sarah D said...

Can't wait to see your pics!

I don't think you will regret buying the CD, the pics are SO expensive!!

I made a photo book with all of our Disney pics and it is one of my most treasured possesions. Probably one of my grab in a fire things.

Christina said...

The cost.... $129.95 for the CD. I guess that's what you pay for the best souvenir! :-)