Friday, January 2, 2009

A Very Special Upcoming Wedding

My Mom Is Getting Married!

Mom and Clay announced the big news last night at TGI Fridays where a few of us were having dinner. My initial reaction was probably confusion because I couldn't tell if they were joking or not. But, once I found out this is the real deal, I was/am very excited for the couple.

Mom and Clay were high school sweethearts. Things happened, my Mom and Dad made me and got married. Clay married someone, also. When my parents were divorced a couple years later, Clay was starting a family with his wife. Years passed and they always remained friends, which was inevitable because Clay was like a 3rd son to my Grandfather.

In 2004, the setting was finally right for the couple to reunite. And the rest is history. :-)

July 25th is the big day! Mom and Clay want to have a small, intimate ceremony at their house with guests of only their children. It should be a very special day.

CONGRATULATIONS, Mom and Clay! Wishing you many, many, many years of happiness, love, and joy!


4 comments:

Shauna said...

Very cool!

Lingerie said...

Very Nice.!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! That is so wonderful! I'm sending her an email right now to congratulate her!
XOXO
Tiffany

Dawn said...

I'm still kind of in awe.