Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"Smelly cat, smelly cat, what are they feeding you?"

I'm a little OCD or something quirky.  Here goes.  I get panicky at the slightest, oddest things.  I get panicky if all of the wash cloths aren't folded and stacked exactly the same.  That's just one example.  I'm weird.  I know. 

So today I had a near panic attack. 

First, I hate pencils.  I am a pen user.  It gives me chills to hear the squeeky sound of a pencil touching paper.  Makes the hair on my neck stand up and every muscle in my body tense. 

Today in Sociology I was surrounded by pencil users!!!  I wanted to scream!  I thought everyone used pens.  I looked around the room searching for a new seat for next class because I couldn't handle it.  I saw only 1 seat that wasn't boxed in by pencil users. 

I barely got through the class.  I was about to freak out!  And if the pencils weren't bad enough the girl sitting next to me seriously stunk.  I mean... bad.  She started moving around in her seat and then took her coat off which sent a big breeze of bad air my way.  Oh.. gag me. 

The pencils, the smell, the material I was absorbing from the instructor, and taking notes was a bit overwhelming for me today.  Like not overwhelming like I couldn't understand the material... overwhelming like I wanted to run around the room stealing every pencil yelling things like, "Pens Rule!" and dropping a wash cloth (perfectly folded) and some deoderant by stinky.  I had to find a way to focus, drown out the screeching pencils, and overcome the odor. 

To keep my mind off things I started singing Smelly Cat in my head.  Picturing Phoebe sing Smelly Cat always makes me smile.  :-)  Oh, and I put my lotion smelling hands casually on my face for a better scent.  :-) 

"Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat, 

What are they feeding you?

Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat

It's not your fault"


5 comments:

runningleap said...

I think it's funny that my blog post today was about compulsive behavior, too. lol Weird.

Kim said...

Oh man.. that is terrible.. I cannot take people that smell bad.ugh.

MOMMALISA said...

I too have serious OCD issues but, as I get older it`s getting better? At least easier to deal with! But, the "smelly' cat thing is way too funny!! You crack me up...

Natalie said...

ok #1 yay that you say you love comments! now I won't feel so weird confessing my random thoughts to a stranger that popped up w/ a random google search :) #2 how comforting to find someone who has thoughts/experiences like mine - same? no - but similar :) always to hear your thoughts come from someone else #3 Phoebe rocks! Now the next time I'm trying to "replace" thoughts I'll think of that hehe, laughing already :) Thank you for sharing of yourself :)

BeeHappy said...

Hilarious post and I LOVE the show Friends. :)