Thursday, January 22, 2009

Shoes: Some Local Advertising

Us women like new shoes. 
We love shoe shopping. 
But, more so we love our favorite shoes. 
The ones that we've made memories in. 
The ones that form to your feet because you've worn them so much. 
The ones that you can't imagine ever parting with. 

That is until a heel breaks, the sole comes up, or some other shoe tragedy. 

I discovered a local hero

McGee Shoe & Boot Sales and Repair

It's located across from Effingham's IGA. 
You've probably driven by there a gazillion times. 
I'm here to tell you that Mr. Shoe Repair is AMAZING! 
He has fixed a few shoes for me including - my FAVORITE pair of black flats that go with everything.  The ones I dress up or dress down.  That are oh so very comfortable and stylish at the same time. 
The front of the soles started to separate. 
I wanted to cry. 
I took them to McGee's. 
Within 5 days they were finished. 
He saved them! 
They're like new! 
Better yet - ONLY $6.00!!! 

3 comments:

Dawn said...

OMG. I love this place. He's re-soled my black patent leather Mary Janes once already...

Mommynightowl said...

I need to find a hero in my neighborhood, my shoes are in dire need of a rescue

kellyhemrich said...

I am looking for a blog makeover! send me an e-mail & let me know what you can do for me! Thanks Kelly Hemrich
kellyhemrich@yahoo.com