Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Mmmm.... soup.....

Lunch today is worth bragging about!
I'm not the best chef in the world.
That's no secret.
So when I make something that's Mmm Mmm Good, I gotta share it!



On The Menu:
Cheesy Loaded Baked Potato Soup

I made this one other time and it didn't turn out nearly as well.
Thought I'd share this simple recipe with you all.
I put a couple recipies together, modified them, and made it my own.
I encourage you to experiment.

Ingredients:
3 Cans diced potatoes
1 1/2 cups water
1 can chicken broth
2 Tablespoons salt (give or take)
2 1/2 cups milk
4 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
3 tablespoons flour
Dash of steak seasoning
Dash of black pepper
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or whatever you like)
1 pack of bacon, fried and chopped
Sour cream


Instructions:
1.) In large pot combone potatoes, water, chicken broth, and salt. Bring to a boil. Continue boiling for a few minutes, stirring often.
2.) Reduce heat, cover, and let simmer 15-20 minutes.
3.) Once potatoes are tender, stir in milk.
4.) In a small bowl, combine melted butter, flour, steak seasoning, and pepper. Then stir into soup.
5.) Divide the bacon - saving enough to top soup when serving. Add remainder to soup.
6.) Increase heat to medium.
7.) Cook until thick and bubbly - stirring frequently.
8.) Remove from heat.
9.) Divide cheese so that you have enough left to top soup when serving. Stir in rest of cheese until melted.
10.) Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
I served mine in bowls topped with shredded cheese, bacon, and a dallop of sour cream.


4 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh no! Now I'm REALLY hungry for soup!

Sarah D said...

I LOVE soup!! That sounds great.
I bet it would be great in a bread bowl.

I love it when bloggers share recipes.

ParentingPink said...

This looks delish! Mmmmmmmm :-)

Thanks for stopping by my SITS featured post today! I love meeting new bloggers!

Michelle said...

Oooo that sounds so good on a winter's night. I love potato soups, but I have never doctored one up quite like this. I may definitely have to try this one out.

And thank you so much for visiting my blog yesterday during my SITS day. It was so much fun to see all the comments, and so many had such nice things to say. I hope you enjoyed yourself and come back to visit again soon!