Thursday, January 15, 2009

Mama Kat's Weekly Writing Assignment

Mama Kat's at it again with her quirky writing assignments. I've been MIA from her Writers Workshop for a couple weeks. I suspect I'll spend a few afternoons in detention!

Visit Mama Kat for your writing assignment!

This week's prompts:
1.) Describe your significant other's most attractive quality to you (on the inside).
2.) Tell about a time you stole something.
3.) Choose a poem you like. Take the last line and use it as the 1st line in your own poem.
4.) Write about a scary encounter with one of your old professors.


I am chosing #1 this week.
Time to give SSH (super studly husband) some credit.


Chris's most attractive personality trait has to be his patience. I can just see some of his family members rolling their eyes right now. And justly so. He may not always seem like the most patient person in the world. But, to me he is.

I am me. I am not perfect. He married me inspite of my flaws. He knows I'm a little crazy. I battle depression, eating disorders, and being bipolar. He still loves me. This last Summer when I lost my Dad, he was there with me... every second that I would allow. And when I pushed away from him, he waited patiently with open arms to catch me when I fell.

I can be irrational. He knows this. And he also knows that if he's patient I will come around to a more rational way of looking at something. He doesn't argue when I'm irrational because he knows it won't help, that I need to rant and rave for awhile before I come full circle.

Even recently when I have been so angry with God for taking my Dad, and have not wanted to go to church regularly because God and I haven't been on speaking terms (even though I know God will be there and has been there every step of the way), Chris has not pushed me to go. He gives me the opportunities but allows me to make my own choice. He knows I have not left the church forever and that my faith is still there.

I am very fortunate to have Chris as my husband. And what perfect timing for this assignment because our 1 year anniversary is coming up February 2nd.

8 comments:

Mommynightowl said...

wow, I said the same thing about my husband for the same reasons. We are lucky to have such wonderful husbands

vsmphotography said...

Reading ya via MamaKat's Mr. Linky. Nice dedication to an awesome sounding man!
Lurve your blog!

blueviolet said...

Chris and Christina, that's so cute! He sounds wonderful! I lost my dad last summer too and I know your pain. I am so terribly sorry. It's so hard, isn't it?

KatieZ said...

Sorry to hear of your loss. It's so nice that you had Chris to help you thru some rough spots! He sounds wonderful!

Astharis said...

(Came over from Mama Kat's) :)

I really do believe that true love means that someone will be waiting there for you even when you're pushing them away, understanding and ready for when you need them. You truly are blessed with your hubby! :)

Ashley @ Frexy Mama said...

Sounds like a great husband you have :) Patient ones are always the best.
Sorry about losing your dad. I cannot even begin to imagine what that feels like. And as I type that, my eyes have filled with tears. You must have been a daddy's girl too!

Mama Kat said...

You deserve to have someone who understands and loves you unconditionally...I'm glad you found him!

LiefsteCamilla said...

Hi sugar sweet Christina!
Thank you so much for your visit! It is highly appreciated (:

I couldn't anything but following your blog! It makes me smile and hey, I love to smile (:

Hope you have the best of days!!

xxxx