Thursday, December 11, 2008

Writer's Workshop

Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop Assignment
This week, I am choosing to write about 2 prompts. 

1st - Allergies. 
Ummm... if you know me, you know how bad my seasonal allergies (hayfever) and allergy to cats are.  I remember as a child not being able to open my eyes for they were swollen shut.  I sneezed a ridiculous amount of times.  It's a wonder I never pee'd my pants!  And it has been routine for my body to break out in a rash when the yard is being mowed. 
Then, 2 years ago I went to see a local chiropractor/natural cures Dr.  She's a little different... not like a regular Dr at all.  Did some weird arm thing, blood on a cotton ball, and grabbed my butt cheek.  Whatever she did, IT WORKED!  It took like 6 sessions to build up an immunity against various molds, grasses, and dust.  But, I am sooo much better now! 
--------------   -------------  --------------
Another thing about me and allergies.  I am an extremely picky eater.  I don't like to try new foods.  So, I tell people I'm allergic so they stop pushing me to try something.  It works! 

2nd - Taking A New Road In Life. 
A couple weeks ago I decided to take Advent this year to really focus on myself.  There are things I'd like to change about myself.  If you never acknowledge there are problems to work on, they can't be fixed.  And if you don't take the time and effort to work on those problems, you will probably get nowhere. 
I am not a bad person.  I just want to work on a few things, that at this time I'm not going to share.  I have met people in my life that have qualities I admire.  These people unknowlingly inspire me to be a better person; the person that I want to be. 
Part of my process to rediscovering me and making need be alterations, is to separate myself from certain situations that have caused me an exhausting amount of stress.  I cannot put my full focus on other people, especially during Advent.  And, along the way I may hurt some feelings.  But, in the end I have to take care of myself and my family.  I am only one person.  If only I could accept it. 
I know that my journey on this new path will last far longer than Advent.  But, dedicating a few weeks should help me to getting a good start. 
Wish me luck! 
------      ------      ------
Are you ready to take Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop Assignment??? 

9 comments:

angie said...

Much luck on your new path. I think a little personal reflection and "revision" is never a bad thing! So glad your allergies are better, too.

La Pixie said...

lol, I totally say that about food I dont like "Oh, Im sorry, but Im allergic." works like a charm every time!!

kudos to your new path.

Erin, Nick and Merrick said...

Great "Journey" post!

Mama Wheaton said...

It sounds like you are on the right path for rediscovery, good luck.

Jessica said...

Good for you to spend time on yourself. As women and mothers, we often think of everyone else only to have our own buckets empty. You have to have before you can give. I hope it goes well!

Kimmylyn said...

It is a painful process, that of rediscovery. I too am finding that out.. congrats on your new road..

Elizabeth said...

grabbed your butt cheek...fav line of the week on a blog!

i love cool chiros who have neato ways of curing things...LOVE THEM!

Mommynightowl said...

congrats on getting your allergies under control. And that so great on your new path.

Dawn said...

Hey. Your PB "allergy" worked for me. Wink, wink.