Monday, December 22, 2008

We are on our way

This update post is really for me to document our trip for myself.  Because I know afterwards I won't remember this stuff as clearly. 

Our trip started out like this: 
Chris:  Where is the cigarette lighter splitter for the car? 
Me:  I dunno.  You had it. 
We couldn't find it anywhere.  Looked everywhere including the refrigerator!  Just when we were about to give-up, Chris sees it sitting on the entertainment center.  Seriously, wth?!?  How did it get there?!? 


So, we think we'll be on our way. 

Then, I can't find my sunglasses.  So, I turn off the car to use the keys to get back in the house to look for them.  Got Chris's car keys to look in his car.  Nowhere.  Ugh.  So, I go back in the house to dig through my desk to find an old pair.  Done.  I locked up the house.  Back to the car.  They were in my purse the whole time. 

Chris:  I don't have my sunglasses. 
So, I turned the car off again for him to go back in the house for his keys to get into his car to get his sunglasses.  K.  Done. 

Chris was stressed from a stressful morning dealing with the landlord and our issue with our stinky house.  So, the lost and found scenerio didn't help his blood pressure.  To cure the stress, he grabbed a beer for the road!  Yup, that's my husband.  I gotta admit that by the time I got us on the interstate and he got his beer open he was much calmer.  :-)  That is until his computer started acting up.  That's when I wished he would have grabbed a 6 pack! 

Right now we're under 100 miles from Nashville.  Calvin has been an Angel so far.  Really.  He has only asked, "Are we there yet?" twice and really that's not bad.  :-)  He sat quietly in his car seat then took a nap.  Now, he is watching Open Season with headphones on.  I'm on the Internet.  Chris is driving and jamming to his music.  :-) 

That's our trip thus far.  :-)  From weather.com, it looks like there's freezing rain back home.  Sorry guys!  We'll try to bring some sunshine back with us! 

8 comments:

Wendy said...

Sounds like you all got off to a rather rough start :-) Hope things get better and Chris' blood pressure stays normal from this point on :-)

Have a great trip....looking forward to all the updates...Have Fun!

Sarah D said...

Nothing like road trippin' to Disney!!!

Aubrey said...

My hubby would have had the 6 pack and then had to stop for another before we hit the interstate after all that!!

Have a Great Trip!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

Over from SITS! Saw you said you were on your way to Disney World and I got jealous!!!

Have fun and safe travels to you!

Merry Christmas!!

just the five of us said...

Just stopping in from SITS. All vacations start out crazy, at least mine do. Anyways, enjoy the sunshine and say hello to Mickey for me. Have a fantastic Christmas.

MrsRuholl said...

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Have fun!!!

Rebekah said...

well, i gotta say i would love to be on my way to Disney Right now but hell, iwould be happy just to go road trippin! Tis the Season! Have fun! BE SAFE!
RG

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a typical trip anywhere to me.lol. Hope the trip gets better from here on out. Have a Merry Christmas, cant wait to read more how the trip is going!!! Bridget