Friday, December 19, 2008

Happy 48th Birthday, Dad



48 years ago today, my dad was born. 6 months ago tomorrow he died. I have so many thoughts and emotions running through me that I can barely think of anything to post.



Dad,
I hope you are celebrating your birthday with Grandpa Joe, Grandma Velear, and Lisa. I'm sure Lisa made you a scrumptious cake! I miss you so much. We all do. Calvin wants to have cake and a party for you. He really doesn't understand it all. But, to compromise with him, I'm letting him take a birthday balloon to the cemetary for you. I hope it makes you smile.



If you can find some time on your birthday, I know there are a lot of people struggling with your loss today. If you could give us some Angel hugs, we would really appreciate it.



Love,
Christina




8 comments:

Dawn said...

Happy Birthday Doug!

Thinking of you today...

Sarah D said...

Thinking of you today Christina.

Tabitha Blue said...

Bless your heart... that's not an easy one and I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sure he'll love the balloon and I'm sending *hugs* your way!!!!!!


PS... size 6 shoes?? I wish!!!!!

:)
~Tabitha~

freshmommyblog.com

Wendy said...

Always thinking of you especially in this difficult time (((Hugs)))

Happy Birthday Doug!!

Aubrey said...

Wishing you all the strength in the world to keep going today. Only 4 days to the happiest place on Earth! Merry Christmas Christina!

Kimmylyn said...

Happy Birthday to you Dad.. and hugs to you...

Amber M said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers!!!

Courtney said...

Christina,

Hi there! I popped over to your blog through the Mom Bloggers Club...I was drawn to your sweet pic of you and your son. And then as I read some of your blog, I found this post.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing a parent is one of the most difficult things you can experience in life...I know because I've lost both of mine. I lost my dad when I was 21 (10 years ago this coming New Year's Eve) and my mom 3 1/2 years ago to ovarian cancer (when I was 28). I know the pain all too well, but I also grieve with the knowledge that I will dance with them again one day for all eternity.

Your family is adorable and your trip to Disney from Santa was precious. God bless you!

Courtney in Indiana