Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thanking All Servicemen & Women and Veterans

Words cannot express my sincere gratitude to the servicemen and women of our military and the veterans that have served our great nation. 


"Thank-you" doesn't seem good enough.  These men and women have dedicated their lives or a portion of their life to defending, protecting, and fighting for our country. 


This year I'd like to specially thank Grandpa Larry and Grandpa Ambrose for their service for our country.  Our nation is indebted to you for your service. 


Special mention for a top-notch Airman... TSgt Amy S.  Not only is she my friend, comrade, and Jackson's mom... but she is a well respected NCO in the USAF.  You go, girl! 


I am proud to be an American.  I am even prouder that I am a veteran of the United States Air Force.  So, how am I spending my Veteran's Day?  Lunch with my inlaws (thanks!) and soon... leaving for my hour long massage, courtesy of my wonderful husband!


This song reminds me of my days in boot camp... when we had to sing it each morning before PT.  Some of you might recognize the beat from my wedding.  This was the song played at the end of the wedding as Chris and I walked down the aisle.  :-) 

Off we go into the wild blue yonder,
Climbing high into the sun;
Here they come zooming to meet our thunder,
At 'em boys, Give 'er the gun!
Down we dive, spouting our flames from under,
Off with one hell of a roar!
We live in fame or go down in flame. HEY!
Nothing'll stop the U.S. Air Force!

4 comments:

Mama Kat said...

I feel like people don't really think about what they're saying when they say thank you...or why they're saying thank you.

This is a great post and I feel like you really know what you're talking about. I'm glad you're home. :)

Major Mom said...

A lovely post -- mine today wasn't quite so solemn. I love the AF Song and actually sang it aloud just now!

Kimmylyn said...

This was a beautiful post.. and I just had a long conversation with a girl that finished boot camp about two weeks ago.. she said she never felt more proud to serve her Country.. it gave me chills..

Thank you..

Dawn said...

Thank you.