Thursday, November 13, 2008

If You Can't Smile... Fake It!

Writing Prompt Assignment Courtesy of Mama's Losin It. I thought this was a pretty funny topic. 

How to get along with an enemy... 
We all have enemies... or at least people that annoy us.  Or, ones that we don't care to be around.  If you say you don't... well that's really hard to believe. 
I was taught to be nice to everyone.  Play nice, be polite, etc. etc.  It seemed more simple when I was a child.  Now, as an adult it's tough!   
My Philosophy:
I'm a firm believer that if you can't smile... fake it!  And if faking it is too tough... medicate yourself.  A Xanax cocktail will help you smile every time!  :-) 

17 comments:

MOMMALISA said...

I needed to read this today! I have to work a fill-in job on Friday & I cannot stand the "other" employee. I will smile the fake smile and be so very nice. Thanks!!

Aubrey said...

Where does the line start for the aforementioned xanax cocktails? Please direct me to this line....my teeth are gritted to tightly from grinning and bearing it to open for my drink, so I may need a straw too please :)

Carolyn said...

You crack me up!

Dawn said...

Fake smiles rock. Much better with added substance of Valium.

Amy McMean a.k.a McSunshine said...

LOL I love it. Great advice. You should stitch that on a pillow.

Sera said...

A Xanax cocktail? Hilarious!!!

La Pixie said...

gotta love Xanax!

Sugar Sweet Thoughts said...

Carolyn... I'm glad I made you smile! YOU are the one that introduced me to... The Ativan Wreath! Remember Christmas, 2001?!? Well, due to said Ativan Wreath... I barely remember anything! hehehe!

Weeksie50 said...

xanax cocktails.. lol that is to funny..you are cracking me up..

K said...

I think that's the same category as "kill 'em with kindness!"
Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings.

Sam said...

fake it until you make it indeed!! And if all else fails, cocktails are indeed usefull!!

Jen said...

What great advice. I love it, I think that I may need that xanax cocktail.

Jay @halftime lessons said...

Hilarious...Gotta try one of those...
Jay @ HalftimeLessons.com

Carrie said...

Great ideas! A cocktail of any kind always helps me

Shanna said...

Thanks for stopping by my Spot today - this is a great philosophy! Especially the Xanax cocktail part ;)

Cheryl Ann said...

Xanax cocktail...awesome ;) Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the internet!

Mama Kat said...

PASS THE XANAX!!!

Just kidding. You remind me of my sister. Be nice to everyone. :)