Monday, October 13, 2008

~ Target Trendz ~

After a stop at the Great Pumpkin Patch, Wendy and I headed to Champaign for a little shopping.  (The boys headed to Cole & Alicia's in Gibson City to help with floor repairs.)  I was on a quest to buy new cardigans (I love cardigans!).  Many of mine were ruined after the Great Flood of '08 when they were floating around in 3' of water in our basement.  Then, my darling husband washed and dried them for me... since I was high on muscle relaxers and pain killers from the VA for my back spasms... little did my husband know that most sweaters are handwashed and NEVER put in the dryer.  A couple fuzzy ones shed all over the others.  Some colors transferred to other sweaters.  Some of them were so nubby after the wash and dry that they looked like I rolled them around in sticker bushes.  And some of the sweaters shrank after the wash and dry. 


So, back to the point of this post...  Wendy and I took on the mall like 2 professional shoppers.  2 confident women on a mission.  We found no sweaters either of us liked enough to buy at the mall... and the ones we thought were alright were like $60 - $120!  Definitely not worth that kind of money for mediocre sweaters. We left the mall w/ very little and it was all for the boys.  :-) 


We headed to Target.  OMGosh!  I got like 9 shirts total at Target - and love them all!  They are all of nice quality, nothing cheap.  And all are so cute!  All of my shirts/sweaters/cardigans were under $20, many under $10, and even one under $5!!!  Seriously, I got some fantastic buys!!!  (I am not getting paid for this post - just spreading the good news!  Head to Target for great deals!)

3 comments:

Kimmylyn said...

I adore Target.. I buy about 85% of my clothes there.. they have such cute stuff.. :)

Dawn said...

Miss Target so much...

Chris said...

It wasn't the wash that ruined them, it was the flood. The cloths that were involved in the flood were dark brown and mud soaked. I didn't think we would be able to save any of them.

;-)