Thursday, October 9, 2008

Working From The Bathtub

After I cut Calvin's hair this afternoon I sent him to the bathtub to get all the hair off him. He enjoys bathtime and played in there for a long time. Then, here came Naked Boy running through the living room. I reminded him that I still had to wash his hair.


He cheerfully said, "Follow the leader, Ma'am" as he headed towards the bathroom.
Me, "Okay."
Calvin, "Follow me to my office Ma'am."


As we entered the bathroom he said, "Welcome to my office, Ma'am!" Then, he climbed into the tub and said, "This is where I work. Wanna come in?"


He was so gosh darn cute! So, I played along and rolled my pants up to my knees, sat on the edge of the tub, and washed his hair in his "office".


It's in these moments that I realize the ability a child has to fix many of life's stresses. His pure sense of imagination is an inspiration to let go of the daily routine, stress, and frustrations and just live in the moment where we can pretend anything is possible, even an office in the bathtub!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

OMG. That is the cutest thing.

Kimmylyn said...

That is so true.. even on the worst days..where even the kids are driving me insane they can switch it in a second with a smile or saying something sweet..