Friday, October 17, 2008

Frog In His Throat

On the way home from school today, Calvin and I talked about lots of different things...

From how grape slushes are purple,

To him telling me he had a frog in his throat... that said ribbit a lot... that jumped out of his throat, ate the annoying fly in our car and then of course... jumped back in his throat.

Last but not least, we were jamming in the car. A new song came on. Calvin yelled, "Turn it up Mom! This is MY song!" I turned it up... it was SWING! You know... Swing by Savage Featuring Soulja Boy... let me give you some lyrics to refresh your memory:

"Oh sh**, shake dat ass ma, move it like a gypsy
Stop, woah, back it up, now let me see your hips SWING"

I was in shock. Picture him saying "Swing!" (bc that's the only word in the song he knows - and lucky for him they say "Swing" a lot) in his cute little innocent voice while busting out some raise the roof moves! Obviously he has absolutely no idea what the song means/implies. He just thinks it's cool because they're talking about swinging. When the song was over he kept saying, "Mom, turn on MY song!" He was confused and upset that the radio wouldn't play it over and over.

And that was our drive home from school today. Never a dull drive with Calvin in the car. He's a regular comedian.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

This is also Cam's favorite song. He hears it and automatically starts waving his hands above his head. Too cute.

Kimmylyn said...

Hysterical!! hahahaha I hope that frogs move out of his throat ..hahahaa

Major Mom said...

My Timmy's favorite song is "The Sweet Escape" by Gwen Stefani! He calls it the "Whoo hoo" song. My favorite at Timmy's age was "Afternoon Delight" (1977?). Fortunately, I had NO IDEA what the song really meant, and I'm sure Calvin and Timmy are in the same boat!

PS: Great new layout, working on improvements to mine right now...