Thursday, September 4, 2008

What A Speech...

I'm not going to ramble on and on about my support for the McCain Palin campaign. 
You all know I support them. 
However, wasn't Sarah's speech awesome last night?!? 
I was glued to the t.v. 
I loved the speech! 
I was practically clapping from my bed! 
Of course this morning when I turned on The View - Whoopi was overanazlyzing Sarah Palin's speech... I'm sure that's just the beginning of the press that will twist and turn words into something they weren't.  Oh well, I watched, I listened, and I support her.  The press will not change my mind. 
Governor Palin cares about the people - more than looking good for the cameras, playing the lobbyists against each other, or turning this campaign into a story out of the National Enquirer. 
I want to give Obama some kudos - where they are due.  He is wonderful at giving speeches.  They are very inspirational.  Quite fankly, his calling in life is probably as a motivational speaker. 
However... a speech has to be more than motivational.  We, the citizens of the United States of America, deserve a President that has more than empty promises for an idealized world.  It's not that easy to get votes.  I see right through him. 

6 comments:

OrdnerFam3 said...

Wow, I agree!!! Her speech got me on board. I was laughing at some of her comments toward Obama. She is quick on her feet. I'm can't wait for John's speech tonight. I just think this election is a no brainer.

Aubrey said...

I was brought up a democrat, but after watching that on tv while waiting to see the weather, I will be voting republican.

Christina said...

Aubrey... I am sooo EXCITED to see that you are voting for the candidates and not the party!

Major Mom said...

Her speech was awesome! I'm still working through the reality of reversed roles -- I assume her husband will be caring for the 5 kids while she VPs -- but I see her passion for doing the right thing for America, not pandering to special interests. She sent them packing in Juneau, hopefully she can help McCain continue that trend in D.C.

The roll call last night brought tears to my eyes -- how crazy is that??? How the other states give AZ the courtesy of putting in their delegates to put the numbers over the top.

Candy said...

I know that you follow politics much more closely than I do. I get very interesting emails regarding the political arena that i think you might be interested in reading. if so, i would be happy to forward them to you if you have a way of getting me your email

Dawn said...

You know who I'm about but I must say I thought her speech was great. She's a great choice for VP. Now if only she agreed with the things I do...