Monday, August 25, 2008

1st Day of School

TODAY WAS THE FIRST DAY OF FALL SEMESTER!!!

Calvin this morning before heading off to his new school (a.k.a. daycare).
He is sporting OshKosh B'Gosh Circa 2008 soccer shirt and
a new backpack with his name embroidered on it!
How stinkn' cute, right?!?


This year, Calvin is going to school on campus.
Very convenient!!!


Calvin has been eagerly waiting for school to start so he could wear his new running shoes and play with Stella (cousin). Stella was not there today, but we are hoping to see her on Wednesday. :-) Calvin painted a picture, played outside, ate chicken fingers, and took a nap at school. Oh... and I should admit that because I forgot to take his toothbrush out of his backpack and give it to his teacher, he had to brush his teeth with his finger. He let me know he wasn't very happy with me about that.



Today was also my first day of Fall semester. Let me recap:

In my 9:00 a.m. class I learned how to download music illegally and which sites to use to prevent viruses, popups, etc. Yay --- glad I got out of bed early for that class! I'm hoping it gets better. But, I don't really mind taking a blow-off class, either. :-)


In my last class, I laughed (on the inside) at my teacher... she is like late 20's, bleach blonde hair, and definitely had a boob job! She kept saying things like, "I have the power to..." and "I have special powers to..." and talking about how easily distracted she is. This is a programming class so I sure hope I can take her seriously! :-)


All in all, I think this is going to be a tough semester - but also a semester that I learn a ton!



I want to send well wishes to all students this semester!



SPECIAL WISHES TO MY BFF, TIFFANY, AS SHE STARTS A NEW ADVENTURE IN HER LIFE AS A COLLEGE STUDENT!!!


ALSO, WANT TO WISH MY COUSIN, AMANDA,
A FANTABULOUS FRESHMAN YEAR AT SIUE!


GOOD-LUCK, GIRLS!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you woman! You are too sweet! It sounds like your day was not too bad. My first class is accounting, so you know it is dull, but I think I'll do good. Well thank you again for your confidence in me through everything. Without you I wouldn't be here...working towards my dreams!
Your BFF...Tiffany

Rebekah said...

Lookin good, Calvin!

Dawn said...

Happy Schooling...can't wait to hear how the classes pan out. And LOVE the backpack!

Sarah D said...

Calvin looks super cute. Love the backpack!