Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July Patriotism

Our 4th of July was awesome! We got up early to make a great big special breakfast since Caleb was coming over. I introduced him to chocolate chip pancakes - yummo! Caleb, Calvin, and I got ready and headed to Dieterich. We were part of the Becky Jansen for Effingham County Circuit Clerk entourage*! After that parade, we packed up to get to the Effingham 4th of July parade to walk in it, too! Sure was a lot of walking... hope we got her some votes! Besides, what's more patriotic than campaigning on the 4th of July???


We picked up Chris and headed to Dieterich's 4th of July celebration. We couldn't miss the bed races!!! After Caleb went home and Calvin went to his dad's, Chris took me out to Lonestar for a steak dinner and back to Dieterich to watch the fireworks wth Troy. Met up with Mom and Clay there, too! The fireworks were spectacular!


I hope all of you had a terrific 4th of July, too! Can't wait to read all about it on your blogs!!!


Since DropShots still isn't working for me, yet - thought I'd share some pix on here! Enjoy the slide show!





*Yes, I know she's a Democrat. I look past that since she's family! :-)

1 comment:

Sarah D said...

Christina,

See, there are some good Democrats out there!!

;)

Sarah