Friday, May 9, 2008

Adjustable Waist Shorts

If you have kids - particularly, toddlers - you know that just because your child is 3 doesn't mean he/she wears a 3T. Kids have inbetween sizes - just like all of us grown-ups do. Like how you wear a different size jeans depending on the brands - you know what I mean. That's why I love adjustable waist shorts/pants for Calvin! They're like cusomizable-sized shorts.

It's May - which means it's time to finish up Calvin's Summer wardrobe. He's 2 so every season he needs all new clothes because the ones from the previous year don't fit anymore. Last year when he was 1 1/2, he wore size 18 months shorts. He tried them on a few nights ago... they still fit in the waist but he looked like he'd get a lot of wedgies! So, I decided I had to get him some new ones.

I had this picture of a nylon/cotton blend khaki shorts stuck in my head. I found some at Children's Place yesterday - but they were too big. It was clear that I had to find these shorts with an adjustable waist.

I searched the mall and Old Navy. No luck. I found some heavy cotton khaki shorts w/ adjustable waists, but they just looked too thick and he'd get hot in them.

Finally, I decided to try Target... SCORE!!! There were 2 different lines of shorts with adjustable waists - including their Osh Kosh line... I was sooo happy! Even happier when I got them for $7.99-$9.99 each.
Too bad he couldn't wear the regular Circo shorts they had - very cute and were only $3.99 ea!

So... Calvin is ready for Summer! He has all of the clothes to be cool, comfy, and stylish. :-)
Anyway, I had so much fun shopping for Calvin. It's one of my most favorite things to do!

No comments: