Tuesday, April 15, 2008

CLOSED?!?

Does anyone know if Hoelscher's Bike Shop in Effingham off of Temple is closed?

Yesterday, I was there a like 1:10 p.m. Their sign clearly says that they're closed from noon to one. The sign also said that they were still Closed and the doors were locked with the lights on inside... okay, no biggie - thought they might be taking a long/late lunch. So, I went to Subway and grabbed some lunch. I was back to Hoelscher's by 1:30. Same thing - closed. Yet again around 4 p.m. I tried... no change. Then, I drove by Bike and Hike downtown... they were closed, too!
If I would have known that both places were going to be closed all day or forever or whatever, I would have tried to get to Olney yesterday to look at bikes.

So, do you know if they're closed for good? Or, what's the deal?

3 comments:

OrdnerFam3 said...

Hey Christina,
I'm really not sure about Hoelscher's Bike Shop, there # is now NIS any longer. I do know that Bike & Hike's hrs are M-F from 10am to 5:15pm and on Sat. from 9am - 3pm. I thought I heard that Hoelscher's is just a bike repair shop now. Don't quote me on that though. I hope this info helps out. Take Care!

Wendy

Dawn said...

Not sure on Hoelscher's but now that you mention it I don't think they are. B&H is still open, see Wendy's comment above!

Christina said...

Ladies, Thanks for the info! Hoelscher's really should change their sign! I went to their website... completely disappointed. None of the links worked and their email address was removed. :-(
I peeked in the doors and saw quite a few bikes so you'd think they'd want to sell them.
B&H... well, grrr... it was 4 pmish on a Monday and they were closed. Businesses need to be open when they say they will be or have a sign in the window apologizing for the inconvenience.
Oh well, I (Chris) will find a bicycle for me somewhere! :-)