Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Snorkelling

Have you ever been snorkelling? If so, you know how exciting it is!

On our honeymoon, we took a day trip on a catamaran to 2 different islands to snorkel. I first have to tell you that the weather was rainy on this day. Like the optimist that my husband is, he thought we should sit outside of the cabin on the boat. We were soaking wet from rain and waves by the time we got to the 1st stop.


We were freezing cold from all of the rain and wind, but were told it would be warmer to just get in the water to snorkel at or 1st stop that was near a private island not far from Fajardo. I was skeptical, but they were right. The water was about 20 feet deep and there were so many fish to see. It was beautiful! Neither of us had ever snorkelled before so this was new and exciting!


After some time, we got back on the boat and enjoyed a free lunch and free rum drinks... those were free the whole snorkel trip! Chris enjoyed them a lot! :-) Rum punch, Pina coladas, ad Hurricanes!!!

We headed toward our next stop where we actually stopped at an island with white sands and clear water. It was amazingly beautiful! I had never seen anything like it! The water was much shallower here (I could touch) and the catamaran staff said that we couldn't touch the coral reef which was the dark parts of the water. Swimming in shallow water and not touching something was just too difficult for me... I guess I'm not all that coordinated. Chris and I found lots and lots and lots of coral there that we brought home to use as decoration in our bedroom. Some young girls talked about finding a sea urchin, and some guy and his girlfriend insisted they saw a nerf shark and the guy was chasing him... ok... whatever! ;-)


All in all, I'd say the snorkel trip was worth every penny. We had a great time and got to experience something new. We recommend snorkelling to anyone who gets the chance to do it. I'm now wondering what scuba diving would be like. Has anyone ever been scuba diving???


3 comments:

Rebekah said...

Thanks for the pic of your hot hubbie. this brings up a thought for future post. how bout some pics of your hottie brothers??? I mean, I love to read about snorkeling and all.. but..

:=)

Christina said...

I'll see what I can do for ya, Rebekah! You're silly! Phil is actually holding Calvin's duck - but it's a bad pic of him. You're too funny! ;-)

Dawn said...

Weldon and I went snorkeling when we were on our honeymoon and loved it even though the water and sights weren't that great. I would love to go again with better conditions.
And when we lived in Colorado the first time, I took SCUBA classes. I was supposed to get certified but couldn't go the scheduled weekend. Just sitting in a pool doing the scuba thing was awesome enough, I couldn't imagine how awesome it would be to do the real thing with actual scenery.