Sunday, March 30, 2008

A Light In The Attic

Tonight at bedtime, I read Shel Silverstein poems to Calvin. I decided to read "A Light In The Attic" because we don't read that one so often. I never really loved this poem - didn't dislike it - just wasn't one of my favorites. But, tonight as I read it, I thought about the people I had come across in my life that seemed like the light in their attic was dim. The ones that looked at you like you were speaking Japanese when you talked to them. The ones where it seemed like you were on two different wave lengths. You know that you've come across one, two, or even more of these people in your life. You remember how annoyed you were... but looking back it's a little comical.

So reading this poem made me smile tonight.
Maybe it will make you smile as you think about
some of your funny encounters with such individuals.

ENJOY! :-)


A LIGHT IN THE ATTIC
There's a light on in the attic.
Though the house is dark and shuttered,
I can see a flickerin' flutter,
And I know what it's about.
There's a light on in the attic.
I can see it from the outside,
And I know you're on the inside... lookin' out.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I never thought about it like that, so true! Thanks for the insight!