Saturday, March 1, 2008

A Busy Day!

A busy Saturday...
* We tackled setting up accounts at a new bank up here in Champaign. We felt a little silly carrying in all that cash from the wedding gifts!
* Did a little shopping - mostly for Chris some new summer clothes. I swear he'd wear that "White Trash For A Day" t-shirt everytime we go out on the boat if I'd let him. I invision that shirt getting "lost" in the laundry someday before summer! I insisted that his old t-shirts were not going to Puerto Rico!
* Steve & Barry's is having a sale - everything is $8.98 or lower. I have horrible luck at that store. Grrr. I had hopes that I would love everything in the Jessica Parker Bitten Collection... but nothing fits me right. Did manage to find a couple cute shirts, a necklace, and new sunglasses. :-)
* Picked up Calvin in Arcola late this afternoon, before church. Thanks to his oh so very funny father, he now likes to say, "Matt's gay!" - referring to Matt Stevens. Yeah - it's cute and it's funny - especially because I know it gets a rise out of Matt. But how in the heck am I going to explain this one to his teachers?!? Last week I had to explain why Calvin told them, "Tony shot me!" when asked about the ouchie on his face. His teachers probably think we're a nutzo family! If they only knew he learns these crazy things at his dad's!
* Calvin is addicted to Flintstone vitamins... Over a month ago he was sick and I gave him baby tylenol - a.k.a Pink Medice. Now, every time he coughs, sneezes, or breaks wind he asks for pink medicine. He settles for 1 Flintstone vitamin a day.
* Post church we had to tackle Bed Bath & Beyond, Target, and Wal-Mart. I learned something at BB&B... the quality of a knife has to do with the quality of steel and apparently German steel is high end. I never knew that before. Anyway, by the time we were finished we were all starving and ready to get home. I think we'll sleep in tomorrow. The plan is to make pancakes, sausage, bacon, and eggs for breakfast.

No comments: