Sunday, November 4, 2007

MOVING!

"All my bags are packed. I'm ready to go. I'm standing here outside your door. I hate to wake you up to say Good-bye... I'm leaving on a jet plane. Don't know when I'll be back again..." Okay... so we're not really leaving on a jet plane. BUT we are moving! (Saw Armagedon Sat. night and have that song stuck in my head!) Thursday night we found the right place for us in Champaign. It's a nifty 2 bedroom + loft condo in a great neighborhood with a pool, tennis courts, lake, and walking trails to campus. Plus - it was a great deal. Anyway, tentative moving date is December 8th. But, we get the keys already tomorrow because our landlord is moving to California so he's giving us the keys a month early. So yeah... I'm bringing some stuff up there tomorrow. :-) Chris and I are going to steam clean the walls, kitchen, and bath and also shampoo the carpets tomorrow night. It's gonna be a late night...
I gotta say that I got a little teary-eyed the other night thinking about leaving the house I've made a home for me and Calvin. This is a big change. But, I know it is a positive change. Since we have to go to Champaign tomorrow to sign the lease, I decided to go ahead and get everything in order at Parkland tomorrow, too.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

How exciting! Where is your new place? Will look forward to visiting you there...and I'm happy that you're only 2 hours away now!

Elizabeth said...

Congrats! Good luck with the moving stuff. I'm excited that you'll only be 2 hours away now...I can't wait to come visit! Champaign is a great place to live...I think you'll love it! Where exactly is your new home?

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you guys! It is going to be fantastic and I cannot wait to visit!
Tiffany

Dawn said...

YAYAYAYAY!! Do you realize that with you moving all my great friends will soon be in Champaign with one in Peoria? Wow, if we weren't buying a house, I'd seriously think about relocating!! :) can't wait to see the new place. We need to make sure we get the Dae and Calvin together soon...