Sunday, September 2, 2007

Moving past the stupidness

Last post about the public aid thing...
Okay, here's the thing. I apologize if I offended anyone by using the term "white trash". I truly did not mean to upset anyone with that term. It's just that I've seen people that refuse to get jobs and have more babies to collect money off the government and live in government housing for free and reap all the benefits that our government has. It bothers me that the system allows those individuals that are fully capable of working a job or going to college financial freedom. It's not fair to the tax payers. I have clearly stated my situation. I didn't want to use Kid Care for the simple fact that I always believe that those benefits are there for other people that need it more. But, after thinking long and hard about it I realized that I wasn't being fair to myself to say that I shouldn't get this benefit. I have gone to this specific public aid office before to get some guidance on different things without ever asking for a penny and still been treated like I wasn't deserving enough of help. This particular man that worked the front desk at the public aid office has a known reputation and has been rude to me before. I understand that people have bad days and often it can reflect in their work. However, I work in the customer service industry and would not have a job if I treated our customers the way that the man at the public aid office treated me and the elderly man infront of me in line.
I am a great debater... however, I cannot be bothered with continuing to defend myself about the public aid incident. I am over it. Let's face it... I have enough going on right now that I don't really have the time to be angry anymore. :-)

*** Shout out to Dawn... Thank-you!***

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I don't think you have any need to apologize. There's trash out there, and sometimes it's white -- that's just the way it is. And as a mother, you have to take care of your child -- that's also the way it is. People who want to judge you (even if they have NO reason), only do so to make themselves feel better because they have no self-confidence. Have faith and trust yourself. You don't have to justify yourself to anybody. Take care!

Christina said...

Thanks, Melissa! :-)